Each time a guest opens the front door of the condo I want them to smile and feel happy about their decision in choosing our condo. It's bright, beachy feel is welcoming.
The condo didn't always look this way. It had green carpet, peach walls and funky candy-striped curtains. But, it always had a good feel. I think it's all the windows that bring in the Kauai sunshine and ocean breezes. Check out my December 2012 post to see our renovations. It was a labor of love!
Each time we visit Kauai we work on the condo. It's fun work, we love our condo and don't mind spending a couple vacation days to keep it fresh and cheery. On this last trip we:
- Bought a folding ottoman bed. It's a twin size bed with a 4" memory foam mattress on a steel frame that folds into an ottoman. It has a nice microfiber cover. My son found it to be quite comfortable to sleep on. If you prefer a firm mattress, you'll love it. We also have a queen size sofa sleeper in the living room and our comfy king size bed in the bedroom.
- Had a plumber come out and work in the bathroom, replaced valves and fixtures.
- New shower curtain and bathroom accessories.
- New lamp in the living room.
- Freshly painted the walls. This is super important in keeping a clean home. There's not much worse than dingy, dirty walls.
Thanks for reading my diary!
PS: Please keep Big Island in your thoughts. I read today that lava crossed the road into Pohoa town.